If you are looking for information about my classroom you have found the right place. We have numerous exciting and educational things going on this year. We're looking forward to participating in fun, engaging projects and creative learning every day.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thank You Doesn't Cover It!

I would like to thank all of our Celebrity Readers who took time out of their busy schedules to come into our classroom and share in our We Love to Read Challenge. Words can't quite explain the impact ten to twenty minutes of reading has on my amazing second graders.

I have been personally impressed with all of the Notre Dame and Saint Mary's athletes that came into our classroom. Our second graders truly look to them as role models, and the athletes do not take this role lightly.

It means worlds to the students to see important figures, such as these athletes, other St. John's teachers, and our students' parents and grandparents, come into the classroom and share the importance and joy of reading with the second graders. I could not have predicted the effect the last month would have had on my class. 

It is now overwhelmingly exciting to walk into my classroom. Come in and see it for youself! When I look around the room throughout the school day, I can find any of the following occuring: smiling students sitting silently in a chair engulfed in a book, students, tummy on the carpet and feet in the air, circled around the cd player listening to a book on tape together, one student happily suggesting a recently read book to another student, and an excited student running to tell me what just happened in the book they are currently reading.

Thank you for helping my second graders open their eyes to the various adventures books can provide them.

No comments:

Post a Comment